Monday, October 22, 2007

Speaking Through New Eyes

Speaking Through New Eyes
Leading from the Heart

My Home
Monday October 22, 2007

Driving down from Santa Fe yesterday, seeing the Sandia Mountains, I knew I was coming home. I realized that I have been living in the shadow of those enchanted peaks for over half of my life. That’s something, for someone who moved more than 30 times before she was 30 years old.

It came to me, long about Bernalillo, that the theme for this sojourn, the message, the learning, the metaphor,is to live from here on by seeing things, old and new, through new eyes, and to lead from my heart.

I feel more refreshed than I can remember. By taking this trip I’ve gotten to experience and clarify parts of myself that there never seemed to be time or space enough to really visit with and come to know in a deeper sense. What is more remarkable than the effect of that for me (which is major on its own) is how it has impacted the way that Ted and I are rediscovering one another. We are tenderly viewing the old and familiar through fresh, new eyes, and it is splendid !

I feel more seen, appreciated, and valued than ever. I feel the ease that I have experienced myself these past 3 weeks has taken hold in this joyous reunion. The paradox is remarkable, as I went looking for my solo self and it has actually brought me back to my couplehood more deeply and completely than ever. Who could ask for more than that?

New eyes within my relationship, for my work, and finding my way in the world… New eyes that have given me voice; voice to speak, write, create, and grow, new eyes to view what speaks to and from my heart, and permission to lead from that heart vision, that perspective of love, acceptance, and openness to all that is (even skunks).

I’m home now… I forgot how comforting and soothing the home that Ted and I have created is to my spirit and my senses. My garden is still blooming, and going to seed at the same time. The glorious New Mexico sun and sky and autumn light welcome me here. Butterflies still flit around in the yard, as if they know that I planted special plants just for them. I’m home, and for now the journeying is complete, and I am complete, for as we all know, home is where the heart is…

Thanks for accompanying me on this journey. It has been a pleasure to share it with you…

2 comments:

Christine Robinson said...

Welcome home, and thanks for sharing!

Christine

Christine Robinson said...

And, PS, I hope you will keep blogging.